Tuesday 8 May 2012

Evaluation - Question (2)

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?
IDEA:


Interview Francois and Ed about how their product represents particular social groups. Give them script to read out after creating it.

SCRIPT:

Me: Lets get a quick overview about the characters you both represent?

Francois: I play Michael and he is a young adult male, with a lower middle class background, having an above average job with a secretary.

Ed: I play **** and he is a middle aged adult male, with a corrupt middle - higher class background, holding a position within the underworld, I.e gangs etc.

Me: How are you represented within the production?

Francois: As a professional individual with the mise en scene of wearing a suit throughout emphasising this. The tracking shot featured at the start with the security camera could maybe suggest how I am dominant (well think I am) before **** is featured.

Ed: The mise en scene of my character reveals very little, perhaps the cream coloured trousers suggests wealth. Also how the camera is placed when I am being filmed emphasises the fact on how I am mischievous and from the underworld.

How do you think this conforms to the stereotype linked with these characters?

Francois: With my respected job and how I take care in my appearance with the suit, emphasising my professional nature. Also the male attitude from my dialogue of trying to be dominant and to keep my authority when **** enters the room.
 

Ed: From the criminal underworld, I guess from what you would expect as a eerie and unusual character with the voice I display throughout. Also with how you can see my face, which again emphasises how I can almost be unseen by the camera due to where I have originated and the corrupt and illegal life I lead. I slither my way around. This is presented with certain camera shots as the aerial shot and also the overhead shot.

Me: And to finish, what effect does this have on the audience?

Francois: My character being presented this way helps the audience to feel sympathy with my character, to respect him and to be placed on his side against ****. He is presented to be confused and also tries to be dominant which the audience feel for because he has no idea of what position the unknown character is in, featured by my close up showing my reaction.

Ed: With my character, I am presented almost the opposite to Francois. The audience have a frustrated and angered opinion on me and how I speak to Francois, and how I am filmed to be very rude and potent, emphasised by the low angle of just my feet walking and also the slam of the door. The audience also have no real connection with me, as my facial expressions are always hidden, so they can not form a bond with me.

Me: Alright cheers guys, that’s all we have time for today, great production by the way.










No comments:

Post a Comment