Friday 4 May 2012

Evaluation - Question (6)

6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I will be examining four main uses of technology that I used personally throughout the filming of our production, these will be:
Blogger - Uploading posts, pictures, videos etc.
The camera - Filming, zooming, pausing etc.
Mobile phone - Changing ring tone, caller name.
Apple iMacs - Editing with iMovie and also the documentary.
With all of these, I will be making a short video to show what I have learnt.

Blogger
Blogger has been used throughout the whole filming stage of the production, and also throughout all the research before. It has been used to show what I had researched and just to update about how the filming was going, what I had managed to do and how I was working. I had two blogs, my personal blog and also the group blog. I learnt how to post blogs, add videos, pictures and also how to change the fonts, how to add links and many other things!

This video shows just a few of them and me explaining them to you:


The camera


We also had to use the camera throughout the whole of the filming project. We used this to film our production, and also to film are unique idea of filming the documentaries we created. I personally had no idea of how to use the camera, but I was placed as the key director and had to manage. After using it several times everything was very easy to use and I became very smooth with using it with the zooming, pausing and all the different camera shots such as, aerial, close up, medium, over the shoulder shots etc.

This video shows a few of the features on the camera used:
Mobile phone
This particular product may seem very inappropriate to display on this blog due to how the “whole” younger generation should stereotypically know everything about their phone. This is not the case. Throughout the filming I came across some difficulties such as changing the ring tone and also with changing a callers number. Overall though, I have become a lot more tech-savvy with using my phone and ALL of its features.
This video shows how to acquire those two features mentioned:

Apple iMacs
The different iMacs used played an extremely large part in the editing process of our production. With using iMovie we managed to edit, add, delete and use other different features to create a smoother and more professional production. We also used it with editing the documentaries we filmed and also separating the useful and disposable pieces of footage. It is very easy when you get the hang of it and was very useful! Certain editing techniques I used included eye-line matches, match on action, superimpose and so on.

This video shows how to use certain features of iMovie efficiently:



No comments:

Post a Comment